December 8, 2007

The soft tones of a piano plays in the background, sorrowful melodies its partner for the night. An imaginary violin resonates in my ears, a familiar shadow drawing the fragile strings of the instrument.

Waitresses glide along on pointed heels and ironed uniforms, silently serving the faceless scepters. The pale lighting appears bright against the inner void, as I flit between this dimension and the next. Visuals exist behind my eyes, and in the blank mind; I took in everything and nothing simultaneously.

When one can't escape from a self-built maze, what can one do?

I see you, and yet I don't.

I search and I search, but I could never find you.

I'll wait and wait, until the sun sets and the night comes.

I'll wait till the earth stops revolving and the stars burn out.

I'll wait for you, for your smile and I'll do anything to keep it on your face.

You.

A rose that doesn't wither when love exists.

No comments: