December 10, 2007

We part, and meet, and we part again.

This endless cycle makes me tire from you, from keeping in contact. But there's no choice.

During the rainy days, I mark a calendar, red for days you made me laugh and black for when you made my heart shatter.

Always, I had hoped for miracles; but you played me like a harp with your fake smiles and gestures.

And now, I'm at a loss of what to do.. Should I give up on you totally? Or are some of your smiles for real?

When I take a stroll in the softly pelting rain, I laugh and I cry, and the rain hides me away... I'm thinking of you and me, even now.

I'll wait and search for you, at the shelter, and the station, if only I could catch a glimpse of you.

Just like how the rain hides my tears away, I'll make sure yours will never fall. I'll stand by you, silently if need be, because your smile's worth more than anything to me.

Look behind whenever you are down, for there's always a silly me in the background holding chocolates to cheer you up, and roses to replace the ones you've lost.

But I'll still cry in the rain and the cycle repeats again and again...

No comments: