April 13, 2008

I don't know why, but I keep staring about the feedback stuff on PW given to me by Ast on Sat. Yes, I'm pretty sure that I'd spent a total of at least 2 hours looking between the feedback and the WR that was submitted for the A's.

Till now, I wonder if what I'd done for PW really deserved an A. Truth is, when I received the unexpected sms halfway through the Biopolis course telling me that my entire group got an A, my initial reaction was a few seconds of shock, then an overwhelming relief that everyone in my group got an A. It's tough being the leader as everyone looks to you for the direction, and you'll probably take the brunt of it if you screw up the work allocations or neglect to plan... and sometimes it's hard to get the group mates together to do the project as everyone has their own programs.. Then, after that moment, came the slightly hysterical moment of celebrating that my entire group got an A.

Maybe I'm too harsh on myself or something, but I had expected a B for PW personally. Although at that point in time, I felt that the WR we've submitted was perfect... I've realised that the more I stared at it, the more flawed it became. It still remains flawed in my eyes right now. Perhaps that explains why I had been staring at the feedback for so long... I was possibly trying to see from the view of the examiner that what ever was written there on that feedback was present in the WR and not something that the examiner had imagined.

The occasional takeover by the perfectionist in me?

But seriously, I'm definitely glad to know that the group pulled through with an A. Hahas. Congrats to everyone, though it's a lil late.. Lols.

-------------------

That aside, I feel like I've grown up a little more inside over the weekend.

No comments: